Discover the untapped potential of your business, and multiply your opportunities.
January 24, 2018
Do you know the one formula that has changed the world (and how it can expand your happiness)? In this first of a 2-part series on Unique Ability™, Dan shares what Unique Ability™ is, why it is important, a step-by-step way to identify your Unique Ability™, and more.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Joe and Dan in this episode:
• Dan shares what Unique Ability™ is and why it is important
• One formula that has changed the world (and how it can expand your happiness)
• The #1 mindset to cultivate for being Unique and developing your Uniqueness
• Dan gives you a step-by-step way to identify your Unique Ability™
• The biggest key to improving profitability, removing suffering and increasing your impact
• Three obstacles that stop people from operating in their Unique Ability™
• How to expand your time so you work on the activities you most enjoy
• People have a lot of activities but only a few of them would count as Unique Abilities.
• There are three things that are true about Unique Abilities: they are really good at them,, they really enjoy the activity, and they are highly motivated to expand their ability.
• The formula of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has changed the world but there are some flaws with it. The pursuit of happiness presumes you aren’t currently happy.
• Unique Ability is about expand happiness, not pursuing it.
• Entrepreneurs are the ones who create progress in the world but they are also the most vilified by people who are not entrepreneurs.
• There are three categories of activity: Incompetence, Competence, and Excellence. You should always strive to do things in the excellent category.
• Write a letter to 10 people you know whose judgement you trust and ask them what they think are the activities that are your Unique Ability.
• If you take the sum total of people’s observations will give you very accurate data.
• Everyone has a Unique Ability, it may just be so hidden that you can’t see it yourself.
• People operating within their Unique Ability have particular mindsets because they are operating within the thing that gives their life meaning.
• The vast majority of people think about things: they start their day seeing the things they are missing.
• The second thing that people think about most of the day is thinking about other people: they spend energy on people they may have met.
• The rest of our mental energy is spent on particular thoughts: the are generated by the general narrative and the thoughts are often not their own.
• All combined, none of this allows you to think about your Unique Ability. Thinking about your thinking develops your uniqueness.
• Anytime you get angry, it’s not what you are angry about that’s important. The question is how are you thinking right now about the thing that is making you angry and why.
• Journaling your thoughts is a great way to notice the difference in your thinking over time.
“My theory is that this is as close to heaven as you can get without having to die.” -Dan Sullivan
“The ability to produce a result, and producing a result with enjoyment has everything to do with Unique Ability.” -Joe Polish
“You are less about trying to give people answers and more about questions because that is the key that unlocks understanding. People don’t carry a good set of keys.” -Joe Polish
“Thinking about thinking is the key to all uniqueness.” -Dan Sullivan
“Oftentimes other people can see your Unique Ability better than you can.” -Dan Sullivan
To go deeper with 10XTalk, access your FREE COPY of the “8 Transformations of a 10X Entrepreneur”, go here: http://10xtalk.com/8-transformations-of-a-10x-entrepreneur/.
Genius Network is the place high-level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal-making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. You can also learn more about The Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
The Strategic Coach® Signature Program is designed to make your possibilities a reality. It’s not a quick fix. It’s a transformational change for you as an entrepreneur and as a person, building on everything you’ve accomplished up to now. Dan Sullivan’s 10x Ambition Program is for the ultra-focused entrepreneur who wants to work on their sky’s-the-limit goals right now—and already has the means and drive to skip ahead and get started. You want to work directly with the founder and creator of Strategic Coach and have access to Dan’s latest thinking, innovative ideas, and fast-track strategies for achieving exponential results in pretty much any area of your business and life. Click here to learn more
10xTalk delivers 10x Multipliers To Grow Your Business hosted by Joe Polish, founder of GeniusNetwork.com and Dan Sullivan, founder of StrategicCoach.com. 10x Multipliers To Grow Your Business. Insights For An Ever Expanding System Of Increasing Cooperation & Creativity Among Unique Ability Achievers.